Woodend Weddings & other Occasions
View our Photo Gallery by clicking on the image below.
Woodend offers a country setting in Chevy Chase, Maryland, that is relaxed yet elegant. With its classic Greek portico, sweeping lawns, and spacious, high-ceilinged rooms, Woodend provides a beautiful setting for weddings, rehearsal dinners, anniversary and retirement parties, memorials and life celebrations, and bar and bat mitzvah celebrations.
The tented terrace accommodates up to 150 seated guests. Outdoors, a wedding grove offers an enchanting backdrop for romantic ceremonies while the Great Hall with its staircase and balcony provides a warm and gracious alternative.
- Elegant yet relaxed country setting on 40 acres in the heart of Chevy Chase, Maryland in Montgomery County
- Columned portico, sweeping lawns, and spacious, high-ceilinged rooms
- Carved fireplace surrounds, crown moldings, and fine architectural details add distinction to each room.
- Palladian window overlooks a distinguished staircase in the Great Hall
- Lovely parlor area with private bathroom provided to bridal parties
- Votive candles and contained tapers permitted
- Ample parking on-site
- On-site manager for every event
- Personal photos on the mantels permitted
- Handsome, wood floors ideal for dancing
- French doors open onto a tented terrace; the custom tent available April through November
- Facilities for ceremonies indoors and outdoors
- Convenient location in Montgomery County next to Rock Creek Park near Washington, D.C. and three major airports.
- Choose from our list of approved caterers, all of whom provide tables and chairs